There are two options for material donations: drop them off at our loading dock, or for larger donations and business donations we offer a pickup service. Call the Donation Pickup Hotline at 510.547.6535 detailing your donation and location. You can also email: email@example.com. We are a California Non-Profit 501 (c)(3) organization, so all your donations are tax deductible.
Need help clearing out an entire house or business? Check out our Estate Reuse Services. Your donations keep our doors open and help us make progress towards our organizational mission.
- Arts & Crafts Supplies (no house paint)
- ANYTHING Antique or Vintage (pre 1980’s)
- Office & School Supplies (we are always overloaded on 3-Ring Binders, though)
- Unopened Ink Cartridges
- Media (CDs, DVDs, Audio Cassettes, Records, even 8-Track tapes)
- VHS & DVD Movies (but no blank or home recorded tapes)
- Toys and Games (no large plastic playsets or stuffed animals)
- Fabric (only yardage, no sheets, bedding, curtains, or remnants)
- Yarn & Knitting Supplies
- Sewing Patterns & Notions
- Leather, Lace, Ribbon
- Musical Instruments, acoustic or electric
- Sheet Music and Musical Instrument Accessories
- Bags, Purses, Good Backpacks
- Paper, Maps, Posters, Postcards, Greeting Cards, Calendars
- Frames, Artwork, Canvases
- Cameras (working or not)
- Jewelry, Watches, Beads, Jewelry Bits
- Non-electric Typewriters
- Working Electronics & Audio Gear
- Home Decor (lamps, vases, glassware, etc.) NO BROKEN or CHIPPED DISHES
- Quality Kitchenware
- Working Tools (power and hand tools)
- Good Condition Bicycles
- Good Books (art, coffee table, new, best-sellers, children’s)
- Party Supplies & Gift Wrap (in-season holiday)
- Holiday decor (in-season only)
- Teaching Materials
- Corks, Egg Cartons, Toilet/Paper Towel Cardboard Rolls, Paper Bags
- Tins, Containers, Film Canisters, Glass Jars, Cigar Boxes
- National Geographics, Art Magazines
- Poster Board, Foam Core, Mat Board
- Scrapbooking Gear (stamps, paper, stickers, glitter, etc.)
- Shells, Feathers, Fake Plants & Flowers
- Small Wooden Furniture (less than 48″w x 24″d x 30″h) NO PARTICLE BOARD PLEASE
Click here to view our list of acceptable material donations as a PDF.
DROP-OFF DONATION GUIDELINES:
Drop-off donations are accepted from 11am-5pm every day! Donations are accepted at the loading dock at the rear of the store, on Shattuck Ave. between 47th and 46th Streets. You will receive a tax receipt upon donation.
The Depot Store has a limited amount of storage space. To assure your entire donation will be accepted, please call ahead at 510.547.6470 for pre-approval. If you do not CALL AHEAD OR EMAIL, we cannot guarantee that your donation will be accepted.
If we cannot take your donation due to overloading, we encourage you to post it on Excess Access to make your materials available to the public and keep them out of the waste stream.
Donations Accepted Daily 11am to 5pm at our receiving dock on Shattuck Ave (between 46th & 47th St).